Is your paycheck gone before you even get it? Or maybe, the stack of unpaid bills is reaching the ceiling. Or do you block out all 800 numbers because you know that it will be another creditor calling to harass you? First of all, I think it’s really important to be able to put some money aside. I know you don’t think you can, but believe me, you can. Think of all the unnecessary items you spend money on that you can either do without or find another less expensive way to have them. flowactivo The post is dedicated to saving money a few dollars at a time. It will add up over time. Below are tips on how to save money.
SAVE MONEY EVEN WHEN YOU THINK YOU CAN’T
1) Take 10% of every paycheck and put it away before you spend money on anything – even bills. It’s the pay yourself first theory. I like to put it in a jar rather than in the bank. I don’t want to lose any money to bank fees. If 10% is too much, then do 5%. Anything is better than nothing. Just discipline yourself to do it, smartblogideas forget about it and don’t spend it. This is a great way to save money quickly and consistently. If you have your check direct deposited into the bank by your employer, you can have them do it for you. This way you won’t be tempted to spend it. Out of sight – out of mind.
2) If you work for tips, twitch viewer bot decide what denomination of bills you want to save. My daughter was a waitress and decided that she would not spend $5.00 bills. All $5.00 bills she received went straight into a jar. In 12 months, she had $3000 saved. Money that she would never have had and that she didn’t miss. This tip for saving money is good for anyone who works for tips. Another idea for saving money in this way is to take your $5.00 bill (or any other denomination you decided to save) and put all those bills that you end up with at the end of the day into your jar nightly.
3) Empty all of your loose change in the jar nightly. Loose change just makes your wallet heavy anyway and you won’t need it. Empty it all in there. It’ll add up.
4) Quit a bad habit and put the money you would normally spend on that habit in a jar. You’ll save a ton of money and probably be healthier also. Okay, mommasays this suggestion takes a little discipline. But try it or just cut down on your habit and save that amount of money into the jar. The trick is to just start doing it and keep it up. A neighbor of mine wanted to buy a piano for her daughter but couldn’t afford the monthly payment. She was a smoker and figured out that she spent $55.00 a month on cigarettes. The monthly payment for the piano was $48.00. She quit smoking, put the money she would’ve spent on cigarettes away and ordered the piano. This was the best way to save money that I had ever heard. Everyone wins.
5) Save all found money. Found money is money that you didn’t directly earn such as birthday money, gift money, lottery winnings, a portion of your tax refund, mail in rebate money. This idea for saving money is probably the hardest to do. Just think about what is more important – watching your saved money grow or throwing it away on something impulsive.
6) Have a garage sale. Put all money collected from the garage sale in your jar. This tip for saving money not only increases your wealth, toptechpublisher but also helps you organize your closets and garage.
7) Money back guarantees. If you purchased something that had a money back guarantee and you decided to return this item, put that money away. It’s money that you were willing to part with anyway. So save it.
Implement all or just one of these pay yourself first systems for that long overdue vacation, paying your property taxes, holiday shopping or to get out of debt. There are many ways to save money if you just put your mind to it. Above are just a few tips to saving money. Hopefully they will inspire you to create your own. If you do, please share them with me. I would love to hear from you.
Equally as important to saving money is to protect your identity. Lost or stolen identity can be devastating to your financial future. You work hard, save money, EXp realty create wealth or save for your retirement and suddenly – it’s gone. Someone has stolen your identity. It’s easier than you think.